Restaurant Name: Hiatus Location: 1292 S. La Brea Ave, Los Angeles, CA Halfsies Rating: ★★★★★ Halfsies Bank: $ Great for: Lunch, taco tuesday
What I loved: That the amazing slow-cooked BBQ is also healthy! It’s the best of both worlds!! Not to mention the amazing menu that is super straightforward (think Chipotle assembly line). Don’t forget to try the sauces and slaws (I love the Horseradish Sauce and the Kale/Apple Slaw)!
What I’d improve: I wish this badass space was bigger so that I could bring everyone I know!
What I’d recommend: A plate with pulled pork, spicy sauce (if horseradish isn’t your thing), and any of the slaws! You CANNOT leave without a smoked chocolate chip cookie! **They’re so good, mention Halfsies anytime through 8/1/14 to get a free cookie!!
Think the food looks bomb? The place is also amazingly decorated with rustic art-inspired pieces!
We even got to hang out with the owner / head chef! Thanks for hosting us Hiatus… my mouth is still watering!
Gluten free diet or nah? This dish is great regardless if you are on a diet or not! The spaghetti squash is a great substitute for pasta. After the squash is cooked, the long crunchy strands come out closely resembling noodles. There are a variety of ways to use spaghetti squash, but this is my preferred method, which is super fast, easy, and YUMMY!
Ingredients: Spaghetti Squash Microwave
Large sharp knife Fork Microwavable bowl
1. Cut your spaghetti squash in half
2. Scoop out the insides of the Spaghetti Squash
3. Poke some holes in the squash with a fork and fill up the half with some water.
4. Cover the squash with wax paper and then put it in the microwave for 6 minutes.
(Check it after the 6 minutes are up – if it is not soft, you may need to go longer)
5. Once the spaghetti squash is done cooking – scrape the sides for the long “pasta-esque” strands. Feel free to add any sauce or toppings you would like to complete the dish.
There you go! Your quick and easy recipe for a yummy Spaghetti squash dish!