Spring may be here, but Summer is not too far away! With each new season are new trends and styles for all of us fashionistas to keep up with! So, while you are gathering your cropped tops, fringe, and bold/bright and iridescent attire, don’t forget to pair it up with some trendy lip colors, which can totally reinvent your look for the Spring and Summer! Check out the top 5 lip colors you need to try this season!
Nude lips have become a definite style statement – a trend that transcended to a classic. It is usually applied when you want to focus the attention on a dramatic smokey eye with long bold lashes. Whether you are a brunette or a blonde, nude is flattering on all!
1. Maybelline Baby Lips ” Peach Kiss”, $3.19, Target.com
2. Wet n’ Wild Mega Last “Bare it all” Lip Color, $0.99, Walgreens.com
Pretty in Pink! This color is great if you want to go for a more flirty and youthful look. It works purr-fect with a dramatic cat-eye, bold lashes, and some subtle blush highlighting your cheekbone!
1. Maybelline Baby Lips Dr. Rescue Dedicated Lip balm ” Soothing Sorbet”, $3.49, Target.com
2. MAC Fantasy of Flowers Collection: Cremesheen “Pink Pearl Pop” Lipstick, $16 , MAC.com
Orange is the new black… this stylishly fun look first made its appearance on the Spring 2014 runway, then made its way to our faces. If you feel like changing up the nude and pink shades, jump into this burst of orange, which will absolutely complement your complexion!
1. Lime Crime Opaque Lipstick “Cosmopop”, $18, Nastygal.com
2. MAC Lipstick “Vegas Volt”, $19, MAC.com
3. Maybelline Color Whisper “Orange Attitude”, $5.70, Target.com
Honestly, this color is great for any skin tone, giving you a sexy retro look! It should be applied with minimal makeup because it is such a bold color that can stand on its own!
1. Maybelline Baby Lips Moisturizing Lip Balm “Grape Vine”, $2.69 , Target.com
2. MAC Frost Odyssey (No. 434), $16 , Mac.com
There is really no rival for the classic red lip. It can elevate and sexify (is that a word? now it is!) your outfit or look in seconds! I usually use a red lip when I have minimal makeup on (aka too lazy), partnered with some eye liner and mascara.
1. Stila’s Stay All Day Liquid Lipstick “Besos”, $22, Sephora.com
2. MAC Viva Glam Lipstick, $19, Mac.com
Have you tried any of these colors? If so, what is your favorite or go to?