One of my favorite places in the entire world. My home away from home – a quaint, euphoric place, making it perfectly suitable for escapism.
I have been to Mammoth every summer since I was a child. It is where all of my family summer vacations took place – camping, fishing, hiking, you name it! It was only until recently when we decided to take on the winter chill. This past winter break, my cousins and I made our way to the Eastern Sierra, where we shredded on the powder, and the term ‘bra/bro’ was used quite often. My cousins are much more experienced and balanced snowboarders than I, being that my nickname the entire weekend was ‘Snow Bunny’. I am guessing that was a compliment… right? Anyways, if you ever feel the need to get away from the real world for a couple days (and I suggest you do), and somehow end up in Mammoth, below are a list of activities I suggest you try!
- Camping (Caution: There are bears – sometimes – just put away ALL food items)
- Fishing (Catch and release – NO BANANAS for lunch – bad luck)
- Hiking (You may find a lake at the end of the hike so take extra clothes)
- Mountain Biking (Wear a helmet – Take the Paper Route – great trail for beginners)
- Horseback Riding (Wear comfy clothes)
- Snowboarding/Skiing/Sledding/Cross Country Skiing (Dress warm – take a lesson, there are cute instructors)
- Shopping (TONIC – super cute boutique)
- Brewery (Mammoth Brewing Company – DO IT – Responsibly)
A glimpse into my winter in Mammoth… (watch in HD!)